Sneakers Unboxed: Studio to Street
- The official book to accompany the Sneakers Unboxed Exhibition
- Created by and exclusive to the Design Museum
- In 2020 alone, more than one billion pairs of sneakers were sold, with new models appearing on blogs and websites virtually every day. With a resale market currently valued at six billion dollars, it’s safe to say that sneakers are one of the most ubiquitous design objects in the world
- But in a world that moves as fast as the sneaker industry does – one that is always thinking about the next iteration, the next drop – there is not always time for reflection. This is where this book, Sneakers Unboxed: Studio to Street, comes in. Unlike other books which feature one well-known shoe after the other, this book hears from those who have played critical roles in the emergence and continuing evolution of the global sneaker phenomenon, both directly and indirectly
- Who are the people involved in a design of a sneaker? How do their roles and approaches differ? How does their individual work contribute to the collective effort of making a sneaker? What are the fundamentals of a successful sneaker design? And what is the future of sneaker design in a post-pandemic world?
- These are just a few of the questions posed to forty of the world’s leading designers, creators and industry insiders who are featured in this book. Taken from hours of conversations and interviews, this book features insights from those responsible for some of the most important sneakers and innovations ever made. You may not recognise their names, but you will recognise their creations. And chances are you’ve probably worn a pair, whether it’s the Adidas Superstar or Reebok Freestyle or Nike Air Jordan 1, or the YEEZY 700 or Salomon XT-6 or Rihanna x PUMA Fenty Creeper, to name a few
- Richly illustrated, Sneakers Unboxed not only showcases iconic sneakers from the 1970s to today but also never-before-seen drawings, sketches and prototypes for some of the most innovative designs in the world. From the subcultures that elevated various sneaker models to iconic status, to the secretive world of people and processes involved in making a sneaker, this book ends with a glimpse into the potential future of the sneaker industry – told by those who are striving to make that future a sustainable one
- The most comprehensive sneaker book to feature the thoughts, opinions, stories and insights of leading designers, creators and industry insiders who have shaped the global sneaker phenomenon
- Lavishly illustrated, featuring previously unpublished images, this book charts the journey of sneakers, exploring how and why they transitioned from athletic performance objects to symbols of style, status and belonging
- Contributors include industry-defining designers such as Alexander Taylor, Asha Harper, COTTWEILER, Helen Kirkum, Peter Moore, Samuel Ross, Steven Smith and many more. Featuring insights from forty industry experts with a breadth of experience that charts the sneaker industry from its earliest days to its future, this publication is uniquely placed to attract a wide audience, from the casual wearer to the most diehard ‘sneaker head’
- Útgefandi: Design Museum
- Blaðsíður: 192
- Stærð: 14.5 x 21
- Tungumál: Enska
Allt verð í versluninni er með virðisaukaskatti. Sendingarkostnaður er ekki innfalinn en hann er reiknaður í lok viðskiptanna út frá þyngd vörunnar og gjaldskrá póstsins. Hægt er að sækja pantanir í verslun nomad og reiknast þá enginn sendingarkostnaður.
Afgreiðsla - póstur
Pantanir sem sendar eru með pósti eru afgreiddar 1-2 dögum eftir að þær berast.
Afgreiðsla - sótt í verslun
Ef beðið er um "sótt í verslun" verða slíkar pantanir tilbúnar daginn eftir að þær berast.
Vörum er hægt að skila gegn framvísun kvittunar og því að umbúðir séu óskemmdar, fæst þá inneignarnóta í versluninni í staðinn. Ef vörum er skilað með pósti er sendingarkostnaður greiddur af kaupanda.
Allar kvartanir um brotna eða gallaða vöru þurfa að berast innan viku eftir að vara er móttekin. Allar slíkar kvartanir þurfa að berast skriflega á firstname.lastname@example.org
Vörur ekki til
Við leggjum kapp á að hafa lagerstöðu rétta í vefbúðinni, en ef keypt er vara sem ekki reynist til á lager verða þau kaup endurgreidd.
Seljandi heitir kaupanda fullum trúnaði um allar þær upplýsingar sem kaupandi gefur upp í tengslum við viðskiptin. Upplýsingar frá kaupanda verða ekki afhentar þriðja aðila undir neinum kringumstæðum.
Þessir skilmálar eru í samræmi við íslensk lög. Rísi mál vegna þeirra, skal það rekið fyrir íslenskum dómstóli. Um skilmála þessa gilda ákvæði laga um neytendasamninga nr 16/2016 og ákvæði laga um neytendakaup nr. 48/2003. Allir frestir sem nefndir eru í lögum nr. 16/2016 byrja að líða þegar móttaka vöru á sér stað.
At the time of checkout, you will be offered 2 different methods of shipping. Regular airmail by the post office and DHL. Delivery times vary depending on destination, see below. Orders above $250 will be sent by DHL free of charge. Please note however that in some countries like Germany, Spain and France, DHL will charge you, the customer, according to their standard rates for paperwork and delivery. We can not know what these charges will be and can not be responsible for them
Shipping time will vary depending on method of shipping and your location. To countries in Europe and Scandinavia you may expect about 5 - 10 working days for postal service and 2-4 days if sent by DHL. For shipments to America, you should allow about 10 - 14 working days weeks for postal service and 2-3 days for DHL.
IMPORT DUTIES AND TAXES
Import duties and taxes vary for different countries. Sometimes small orders are delivered without the customer paying duties or taxes, but this will be more of an exception than the rule. Nomad Store can not be responsible for any taxes and or import duties applied to orders sent outside of Iceland.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase you may return it within 14 days to Nomad Store, for a full refund. You will, however, have to pay for the shipping back to us. You will be refunded on receipt of the merchandise. Any complaints regarding your purchase or our service should be sent to email@example.com
We urge you to register an account with us. This will enable you to keep track of past orders, make a wish list and speed up the checking out process. You will also be able to "e-mail to a friend" something you find interesting in our store.